|Reports To:||Director of Parts|
|Department:||Service, Parts, and Rentals|
||The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for completing Shipping/Receiving of Generators,
Engines, Equipment and Parts.
|Key Job Accountabilities:||1. Receives materials and equipment and checks for completeness of shipment and condition of|
material received; notes flaws or variances to specifications.
2. Processes claims for damaged goods. Returns damaged goods received to vendor.
3. Routes shipments received to appropriate operating departments, supply room or warehouse.
4. Reviews orders for shipping and checks for accuracy and completeness; requests material to be
shipped from the supply room.
5. Packs and wraps orders for shipment; secures merchandise, materials or products for shipping.
6. Places materials in envelopes, boxes, cartons or other containers for distribution. Secures and
protects contents as needed.
7. Stamps, types, writes or affixes address on packages materials.
8. Forwards packages by mail, shipping company, messenger, fax, message center, or other
appropriate means; arranges appropriate forms and types of transportation; coordinates loading
of trucks giving attention to weight distribution and packing.
9. Keeps accurate records of all shipments for accounting, billing, inventory and delivery purposes;
prepares packing slips, bills of lading, and other shipping forms.
10. Tracks delayed or lost shipments and take appropriate action; reports problems to supervisors.
Maintains office forms and procedures, including filing systems and logs.
11. Answers questions about location or content of various materials; responds to inquiries from
employees, customers and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate persons.
12. Creates invoices for parts sales orders provided by the Parts Coordinator.
13. Facilitate processing for preventive maintenance agreements, collecting parts needed for these
agreements as well as processing truck inventory transfers.
14. Fulfilling PM Orders/Pulling Parts for PM’s
15. Running re-order reports for PM and Vans
16. General Building Maintenance
17. Support CO-Workers in any other department
18. Performs any
1. Ability to understand the terminology used in the generator and engine industries
2. Ability to operate forklifts
3. Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal and be able to comprehend a
variety of instructions, both oral and written
4. Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet deadlines, maintain a flexible attitude and
approach towards assignments, and maintain level of organization in a changing and fast paced
5. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions finished in written or oral
6. Able to work overtime
7. Valid Driver’s License
1. Sitting for long periods of time with some walking, stooping, bending, and reaching
2. Frequent pushing and pulling of objects
3. Dexterity to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
4. Movement by holding, turning, and grasping of objects
5. Reaching by extending hands in any direction
6. Feeling temperature, shape or texture by means of senses in skin
7. Ability to drive a car
8. Regular lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
9. Ability to hear normal conversations on phone or in person
10. Ability to see more than 20 feet
11. Ability to see color and see/read computer screen
1. Work will be performed in our shop or outdoors
2. Limited exposure to the warehouse. Limited exposure to temperature variations when shipping
doors are open
3. Handling of potentially dangerous chemicals or other substances, dangerous equipment, and
4. While traveling, will experience noise and comfort levels common to automobiles and airplanes
Tools and Equipment:
1. Computer and other general office equipment